28.1.11

Sweet treats - Nicky's pineapple muffins


If made correctly, these muffins should look a little something like the picture above. Haha, funny lady. I crack myself up. Meh. But! In all seriousness, this recipe has kindly been passed down to me by my darling ma-in-law and these are AMAZING and addictive and should be made with ease but eaten with gusto. For example, today I ate three. I do not feel guilty about this whatsoever and if there had been more, I would've eaten those too. I wouldn't have felt guilty about that either. In fact, I would probably eat a whole batch of these babies and feel pretty proud.

Anyhoooo, here's the recipe....

1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white flour
1/2 cup wholemeal flour
1/2 cup wheat bran
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
Small tin crushed pineapple (pref. in juice not syrup)
1/2 cup sultanas
4 oz butter
1/2 cup milk
1 egg

Combine dry ingredients. Add pineapple and sultanas to dry ingredients. Melt butter, add egg and milk and stir. Pour onto dry ingredients and mix just to combine - don't over mix! Spoon into muffin trays and bake at 190 degrees C for approx 20 minutes. Leave in tins for a few minutes then transfer onto rack. Let cool and shove them in your gob. Et voila!

So the good thing about this recipe is you can mix it up a bit - use stewed apple (or any other fruit) instead of pineapple, substitute sultanas for raisins or dried apricots and if you want to use just wholemeal flour then make up the amount you'd use for white flour. If you're using pineapple in syrup maybe cut down the sugar a little otherwise they can come out a little too sweet.


Happy baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some sugar!