28.2.11

Help please! The big O-N-E....


Little Red isn't one for a few months yet but I'm already thinking about his bash and I need your help. What to do? Do we have a big party with family, our friends and all his little buddies or do we just keep it small with family and close friends?

On one hand I think it should be big - Red's important to us and a lot of other people and it's such a milestone (having said that though, we'd do a 'no presents' policy so he doesn't end up with mountains of stuff) and on the other hand, I think maybe it should just be small as he has no idea what's going on and it's more of a milestone for us as parents, right?

So I want to know what you guys did for you littlies first birthdays. Comment below or email me at bonniesaysyes@gmail.com. 

Thanks ladies x

3 comments:

  1. Maybe have a little party with his best buds, and then send him to nanna and grandads and have a Red is one Party with your friends to celebrate?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We'll be celebrating Lydia's 1st in May... we'll be doing a big bash for this one, but only small parties until she is 5. I also had a real dilemma over this - but we decided to go ahead with a big party, even though she won't remember it, for us. It sounds selfish, but the first 8 months was spent dealing with reflux and were tough - so we decided we (well, I did anyway *grin*), we need to celebrate that we got through this first year!!!!! It will be mid-afternoon, just an afternoon tea with family and friends... not a literal 'adult' party; but we're inviting everyone who has helped us as a way of thanking them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good ideas ladies! I think I'm leaning towards a bigger bash - having everyone that helped out. After all, it takes a village to raise a baby and in our case, it's certainly been just like that!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some sugar!