30.11.10

Sweet treats - Oatmeal cookies

I hosted coffee group at our pad a couple of weeks ago and one of the treats brought was these incredibly addictive cookies. I grabbed the recipe off the mama that made them and whipped up a batch over the weekend. Needless to say, they're almost gone! So easy to make, so yummy and so deserving of being shared with you all....
 

Oatmeal Cookies (makes about 20 - depending on how many you taste test....)

85gm unsalted butter
1/2 cup raw sugar
1 egg
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/3 cup plain flour
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup chopped nuts (I used almonds but walnuts or peanuts would be delish too)
1 & 1/2 cups rolled oats
1/2 cup dried fruit (I used raisins but next time I'm trying apricots & dark chocolate!)

Preheat oven to 180C. Cream butter and sugar. Add egg and vanilla, mix well.
Sift flour, soda and salt together. Stir into creamed mixture.
Add everything else and mix well.  
Using you hands make walnut sized balls of dough and place them on a lined or greased cookie tray. The dough balls can be varied in size for small cookies or great big ones.
Press down balls till they about 1-1.5 cm thick. Bake in oven for about 12-15 mins or until edges of cookies are light golden brown.  Let them cool and enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. ooooo these look good! Are you finding that homemade baking isn't as cheap as it used to be? I whipped up a batch of chocolate crunch (which uses 250g of butter) and this thrify, quick, always-have-the-items-in-the-pantry recipe might not be such a frugal treat after all ?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so agree! I do love my baking, but every time I go to the super I seem to wrack up a huge bill what with all the butter and eggs and everything else. I even chopped my own nuts for these cookies as the store bought ones were so overpriced, yeesh!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some sugar!