9.12.10

The food conosseur - solids take five million and one

Oi vey! More solids junk, you say! Well, you know I like to keep y'all updated and this time I have lovely things to report!

As of last Friday we started Little Red on three meals a day and that, along with his super baby sleeping (I'm guessing), has helped immensely with getting his head around this whole food thing. He now lets me shove a spoon in his gob - to which he actually opens his mouth for - and even swallows it down. He's been doing so well in fact, he quite often finishes the whole bowl!

The firm fave at the moment is pear, potato and baby rice. Strange combo but oddly delicious. This morning we had pear and baby muesli and he scoffed it down.

Spoonie is still a must but anything to get the food down, right?

I had a play with the idea of BLW over spoon feeding but I can now confidently claim that Little Red's foodies are a mixture of both and it works! His main meals are spoonie meals but I generally give him a slice of apple, carrot, pear or avocado to chew on during the day. Plus, he's quite partial to hand feeding himself straight from the bowl, i.e. he shoves his hand in the puree - lumpy puree, might I add - and then into (onto?) his face. I'd be a tad surprised if any was actually going in, but that's not the point, is it?

So there you have it. All rainbows and cupcakes over this way. Stay tuned for more solids updates (hopefully all good ones)....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some sugar!