13.12.10

You shall not woo me, Chrisco man


I searched for a picture of this man, but perhaps it's a better idea that I don't put one up and instead resort to the above because even though it's corny as heck it beats this guy.

Question: Do you have any idea who I'm talking about? If not, be glad. If you do, you'll understand that I'm talking about the "good looking" British dude that's taken over the Chrisco ads in the hopes of (I'm assuming) appealing to SAHM's appreciation of "good looking" British dudes thus forking out their husband's hard earned cash for a Chrisco hamper. Sexist, much?

Now I have to admit I am incredibly partial to a man with a smooth, sexy English accent. I am not, however, impressed by a man who was obviously a used car salesman in his last life that talks like David Beckham and looks like a real estate agent/strip club owner. Nor am I wooed in the slightest by him calling me a "gorgeous kiwi Mum". And it seems I'm not the only woman to feel this way considering the line has now changed to "smart and gorgeous kiwi Mum". Oh I feel so much better now! I'm gorgeous and smart. Yippee! I'm awesome and all yours, Chrisco man.

Is there anything that Chrisco doesn't do? Well, it certainly doesn't make me want to drop my knickers and most definitely not my moolah in this guy's pocket just for some measly biscuits. You're gonna have to work harder than that.

Yours sincerely,
(Much more than just a) smart and gorgeous kiwi Mum.

4 comments:

  1. ooooh yes i know the one, So terrible! :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. found you on KMB
    I soo agree with this, every time that ad comes on I feel insulted for every SAHM in the country, do they really think we are so stupid that we would be enticed by that greasy guy to buy Chriso!!
    You totally summed it up :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too find it just a wee bit strange being called a smart & gorgeous kiwi mum by a random dude on the tv...Creepy even...

    ReplyDelete
  4. You Know my thought- bleurgh. I wouldn't even let him buy me a drink and I like my drink.
    Muffinmum

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some sugar!